The Innovating Music podcast launched in 2016 to look at innovation in music from all sorts of angles and beliefs. Some episodes are funny, some are deep in tech talk, and others are inspirational. Its host, Dr. Gigi Johnson, talks with start-ups, long-time industry leaders, new technology creators, artists, and others. Each episode shares how we are transforming how we create, collaborate, and create communities around music in a connected age — in our home towns and in communities across the globe, plus in systems that connect these futures together.
So far, we’ve shared our digital fireside with innovative guests on topics ranging from virtual reality, blockchain, and streaming to finding love, intractable problems, trust and relationships, and unanswered questions in innovation.
Major themes include:
- Transformation of different ways of seeing and wanting to rebuild differently
- New music technologies, including creative support apps
- Whole new uses and systems for data about music, creators, and audiences
- Ways that cities and local ecosystems are changing and needing to change around live performance and community
- New systems for rights management in a streaming-led world
- New international patterns transforming genre and communities
Guest information at this link.