Question: How can we use Augmented Reality to enhance the practice of collaborative biology?
Guest: Ippolito Imani Caradonna, Co-Founder/CEO, Aug Lab; Director, HoloPractice
Ippolito Caradonna is a passionate molecular biologist with over 10 years of experience in academic and industry labs. He co-founded Aug Lab, an AR software prototype that spatially projects a projected environment for lab and collaborative work. He has over two years in the Medical XR (mixed reality) arena as a mentor via the Black Technology Mentorship Program. He is also the director of a HoloPractice – a private incubator of technologists and health & wellness professionals building experiential platforms.
Giving back to his community is one of his most important values and his commitment to authentic personal relationships is the cornerstone of his professional foundation. He is passionate about shifting the paradigm in the laboratory from the 2D protocol-driven lab operation to a human-centered technology transfer that uses a digitally projected shared interactive environment.
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/ippolito-caradonna/
- Twitter: https://www.twitter.com/theAugLab
- 00:00 Introduction
- 01:03 HoloPractice – What is it?
- 02:03 Molecular Biology
- 02:47 Aug Lab – What is it?
- 05:09 Falling in Love with the Lab and Biology
- 06:12 Leaving Film for Social Work
- 12:39 Liquid handling robot as a gateway to AR
- 14:13 Pursuing his co-founder
- 26:22 Envisioning science careers